VIP Tour of Flanders Day Trip: 100 years of De Ronde!
March 31st 2013
March 31st 2013 is a big day for Belgium’s most popular bike race, as it will mark the 100 year anniversary of the Tour of Flanders. And guess what we’ll be right there in the middle of all the action, and would love for you to join us!
There was no doubt lots of changes made to the 2012 edition of the race route (from relocating the finish to Oudenaarde, to introducing circuits to the finale, and even the controversial decision to exclude the Muur van Geraardsbergen) which made for a very fresh take on the race, but with the same classic and vibrant atmosphere that has been present for generations.
Since the 2013 route has not yet been released, we cannot say exactly how the day trip will pan out **. We can say that it will follow one of the two equally exciting formats that we have used for past trips; multi-viewing spots (which in the past has included significant passages like the Kerkgate, the Koppenberg, and Muur van Geraardsbergen) or our tent set up for multiple passages of the same iconic climb (like our 2012 set up along the Oude Kwaremont amongst the party atmosphere). Either way the day will kick off with a VIP experience at the start of the race in Brugge; allowing you access to the rider and team car area, and start podium, plus a continental breakfast in the center of the city. Following the race, we will conclude the day with a delicious group dinner in Oudenaarde.
No doubt the race itself will be the highlight of your day, however a close second will be the colourful atmosphere. You will get such a kick out of walking around and immersing yourself in the whole experience as you interact with the crazed fans young and old! But once the blades of the helicopters get closer and closer you’ll know it’s time for what you’ve been waiting for.
We hope you’ll join us for this historical 100 year anniversary edition of one of the biggest monuments of cycling : De Ronde van Vlaanderen!
Our VIP day trip will include…
- A VIP breakfast in the center of Brugge
- VIP access to both the rider and team car area, and to the start podium VIP area.
- Viewing along the Oude Kwaremont for multiple passages of the men’s race and one passage of the women’s race*
- Multiple viewing locations along the race course (to include iconic climbs and cobbled sections)*
- Drinks and snacks in the vehicle and at our main viewing location
- A portable television set up in our tent for viewing between passages
- Post race dinner in Oudenaarde once the party atmosphere has died down at our final viewing location.
- Transportation to and from the Oudenaarde train station or local hotels (guests can also meet up with the group in Brugge in the morning if they prefer).
Contact us to reserve your place in this tour, or to ask any further questions that you might have! ***
Wanna double up? If you are interested in participating in both our Tour of Flanders Day trip and Paris-Roubaix Day trip we are pleased to offer you a rate of €549 p.p!
* Discounts are available to B&B&B guests, and to groups of 4 or more
** Our viewing locations will be confirmed once the preliminary race route has been released.
*** A deposit of €100 at the time of booking will reserve your place in this trip, with the remaining balance due one month prior to the race.