Paris-Roubaix Day Trip: See the Queen of the Classics with The ChainStay!
April 7th 2013
“Hell of the North” “Queen of the Classics” whatever you happen to call it Paris-Roubaix is a must see for all cycling fans!
We will begin our day of race viewing early at the famous Arenberg Forest. One of our favorite cobbled sectors treats us with a calm, yet vibrant atmosphere, where we will enjoy a nice wine and cheese spread as the crowd slowly thickens.
The ambiance here is intoxicating; even before the riders hit the section you will begin to feel the rumble under your feet from the lead cars and motorbikes, followed by an almost deafening roar of the crowd as the race approaches and passes before your eyes, then you are left with a buzz that surrounds you as fans describe who they saw amongst the sea of color. It’s all so exciting, but our trip doesn’t stop there. Once back at our vehicles we will head straight for the Roubaix Velodrome where you will have the opportunity to take in even more excitement. Most of our guests like to find a place on the grass section of the first turn where you can watch the final sectors of the race unfold on the big screen, before you see them pop into view on the track and challenge for their place in the history books.
Following our day of race viewing we will return to The ChainStay for a casual barbecue and drinks (you can even check out a replay of the race to see if you can spot yourself, or re-watch all the exciting bits of the race!).
Our 2013 Paris-Roubaix Trip will include…
- Multiple viewing locations along the race course to include the Arenberg Forest, and the finish in the Roubaix Velodrome (if the schedule permits there is always the chance of a bonus cobbled sector in between). **
- A wine and cheese picnic lunch set up along the famous Arenberg cobbled sector.
- Drinks and snacks available in the vehicle.
- A portable television set up along the Arenberg sector and in the vehicle to catch the ongoing race action.
- Post race barbecue dinner at The ChainStay in Oudenaarde.
- All transportation from Oudenaarde to our viewing locations, and return transportation back to Oudenaarde. ***
- Pick up and drop off from the Oudenaarde train station or local hotels.
Contact us to reserve your place in this tour, or to ask any further questions that you might have! ****
Wanna double up? If you are interested in participating in both our Tour of Flanders Day trip and Paris-Roubaix Day trip we are pleased to offer you a rate of €549 p.p!
* Discounts are available to B&B&B guests, and to groups of 4 or more
** Our viewing locations will be confirmed once the preliminary race route has been released.
*** As The ChainStay is based in Oudenaarde Belgium all of our day trips begin and end here. We recommend planning your arrangements to be based near to Oudenaarde for the night before and of the race.
**** A deposit of €100 at the time of booking will reserve your place in this trip, with the remaining balance due one month prior to the race.