Welcome to a new series we are going to be starting on a weekly basis! Our News Roundup! Each week we are going to feature articles, video and photos we find that are interesting about the world of cycling. It will be a mixed-bag of the serious to the funny, but everything is defiantly worth a read or look …
- Bicycling.com – Hold that Tweet – So do pro cyclists need to be held back for an hour from tweeting after a race? Or does this limit getting a true reaction from the stars of cycling.
- Inring.com – Cycling Fans Versus The Mass Market Audience – So where does the line between a Fan of the sport and your average observer stand? Does it matter? and why should we as fans care?
- CyclingTips.com.au – Ghent Cycling Culture – A great article on the cycling culture behind one of our favorite cities in Belgium, Gent (Ghent or Gand, depending on your language of choice).
- Cyclismas – Interview Mark Johnson – Mark is the guy behind the book, The Argyle Armada, and give a very insightful look into what it is like following and chasing a pro team for a year …
- Cycleboredom.com – JERED GRUBER, THE GIRO & THE SHOT – In honor of the start of this year’s Giro I thought it would be interesting to put up this article that surounds the official poster of the Giro. It’s a story of a good friend of The ChainStay’s, Jered Gruber, and his amazing shoot of the Giau which was ‘borrowed’ by the Giro as the official poster of the tour.
Do you have an article, photos or video that you think we should include with next weeks roundup? Just shoot us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!